We are very pleased to announce the customer release of version 2 of Maxwell Render!
Existing Maxwell Render customers will be able to upgrade their Maxwell Render licenses through the new Next Limit customer gateway, and through the network of authorized Maxwell Render resellers. If you are a Maxwell Render license holder and have not received your customer gateway information, then please let us know through http://www.nextlimit.com/contact_sales.php
Upgrading and pricing
Our aim is to be as flexible as possible with your upgrades. You can upgrade as many (or as few) of your current licenses as you wish. You can upgrade your version 1 Standard licenses to version 2 Rendernode licenses (if you do not require as many GUI/ user licenses but wish to retain them for render only machines) provided you upgrade at least one version 1 Standard license to a version 2 Standard license.
Standard license v1.x to Standard license v2 upgrade: US$ 395 / € 345
Standard or Rendernode license v1.x to Rendernode license v2 upgrade: US$ 245 / € 195
Maxwell Render V2 will soon become available for new customers, including the demo version.
This major new version brings you an arsenal of new features, enhancements and additions, among others:
• Major improvements in speed and noise reduction with optimizations in caustics, emitters, mirrors, HDRIs and more.
• Significant quality improvements in roughness, color output, light distribution, sunlight and more.
• Stacked Layers: Materials can now be stacked on top of each other, much like layers in a photo editing application. Each layer can hold a number of components and an opacity mask can be used to determine the influence of each layer. The Stacked Layers system makes it much easier to create extremely complex materials and materials that were simple impossible to create in V1.7.
• Thin SSS: Subsurface scattering in V2 now has a special mode which can handle single-sided geometry. This mode is very suitable for leaves, lampshades, paper, and curtains amongst others.
• An easier to use, more robust, and customizable network system.
• Support for IES and EULUMDAT files.
• Color Multilight™: It is now possible to edit the color of emitters in real-time.
• Built-in compatibility with RealFlow, enabling users to generate procedural geometry and meshes at render time, using Maxwell Render.
• A new plug-in for Modo.
• And much more….
To see exactly what’s new in Maxwell Render V2 and to take a look at the new website, please see http://www.maxwellrender.com
In an effort to continue offering you the best possible learning resources and support, the THINK! tutorial website at http://think.maxwellrender.com
(available soon) has been completely renewed, offering series of specific Getting Started tutorials for the Maxwell Render plug-ins and components.
The Maxwell Material Gallery continues to offer thousands of free, ready-made materials, skies, and HDRIs. The website can now be accessed through http://resources.maxwellrender.com
We hope you will enjoy Maxwell Render version 2!