Maxwell Render

Maxwell Render Information Repository
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:47 pm 

Well been working on this one a while and i would like some feed back as to what you guy's think. I have since decided to remove the telephone poles since all the architectural photography i have seen usually tries to avoid them. A shame really, as i put some time into modeling them. Still alot to do but wanted to know if anything stood out to you? Thanks Gadzooks

Last edited by gadzooks on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: W Las vegas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:53 pm 

That's a shame because I really like them -- I think it looks great at ground level and gets more "CG" as you move towards the top... but I know very little about Archviz.

Best,
Jason.

Post subject: Re: W Las vegas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:34 pm 

I understand about the electrical poles. I've had to photoshop them out of some arch photos... Underground lines are all the rage, man. :lol:

I think it's looking good. You need more entourage to hide the infinite horizon. I also think the trees are distracting and hiding too much of the building. They are right in the center of the building... Maybe try to use some younger, less full trees. Also, using thinSSS for the leaves will do a lot.

Also, while the sky looks good, it makes everything in your scene in shadow. It would be better to have visible shadows to bring some depth to the render.

Damn that equipment, poles, signs, etc... looks good! Looks like a photo.

Add a few cars (with subtle colors).

Help! I'm dispersing into a haze of probability!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:08 pm 

Thanks guy's for responses. I have a small update to share. I scaled down the trees to show more of the front facade, good call on that one bubbaloo also will add more entourage this week cars people etc. etc. Also added thin sss to trees. I forgot to turn off the telephone poles on this test render. Have already created a traffic light pole that will be added to next update. I may (computer willing) model some low poly buildings for reflection purposes, will have to see. Anyway any more comments are welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:07 am 

Looks great! maybe present two options, one with the added street detail (poles etc.) and one without? Also add some people and cars. Good work.

Email: mark@bellgabbert.com
Web: www.bellgabbert.com

Darwin NT 0800
Australia

DataCAD + Maxwell + Visual Reality

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:43 pm 

If you are going for realism in Vegas you need to have some solicitors standing out front handing out flyers for strip clubs, maybe some drunk tourists, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:14 pm 

dmeyer remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:11 am 

I think you need to thicken the transfer slab spanning the opening near the top as it shows at the same floor depth as the curtain wall either side. I'm guessing it's about 15-20m span so even with pre-stressing it's going to be about 600-800mm deep>?

Darwin NT 0800
Australia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 pm 

Almost their...... I just need to get the surrounding building lit up and i think i will call this one done. Still like to get some feed back from you guys. Mbbga1 that's actually spandrel glass that continues across. I'm thinking that that will be where the pool area will be located. So i might need to remove any interior lights directly underneath that area as that will be were the pool is located.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:23 am 

...okay - makes sense now. Wow, it's going to be a spectacular view from the pool deck! Is there need to show any lightning rods, communications antenna etc. on the roof? The position of the hydrant in the foreground is a good touch to block the vista down the right street.

Darwin NT 0800
Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:00 pm 

I think for the amount of ambient light from the sky, the interior lights may be a bit too bright.

Help! I'm dispersing into a haze of probability!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:03 pm 

Quote:
Is there need to show any lightning rods, communications antenna etc. on the roof?

I thought about that mbbga1 but in the end i decided to leave them out. It was a struggle to do so. I mean i had intentions of leaving the telephone poles out but they really made the scene come alive so i left them in Also good catch on the fire hydrant :)

Quote:
I think for the amount of ambient light from the sky, the interior lights may be a bit too bright.

I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:55 pm 

Finished Image in the Gallery.