Maxwell Render

Maxwell Render Information Repository
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:13 pm 

ticket wrote:

I would definatly only use wires for rendernodes, no mather what software you are using.

Have been rendering in network with Maxwell, Microstation, Lightwave etc and I've always had problems with WLan.

At least you should try to exclude Wlan as a possible source for your problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:23 pm 

I don't think that there's a language barrier at all. It may be my fault but that's the way I react when stuff that is supposed to work doesn't and the reason for my little reminder that I'm a customer is that I do have the impression of being somewhere stranded in an open source project that may or may not work and no one cares or knows anything about a user's problem. The reason why I chose MR over Fryrender and some other alternatives have been my hopes that I wouldn't have to fiddle around with network setups or create ridiculous path setups just to get network rendering done. This time costs me so much money and I've already paid for MR. Not to forget that using OSX (10.5.x) as the manager for Linux servers does not work at all. Did you ever look at other render managers that support a lot more render engines? I've never felt so stupid because of the "detailed" error messages or the "very detailed" network setup guide in the Maxwell manual.

Sorry but the help you provided to solve the actual problem hasn't been much, since you take things for granted that you didn't try yourself. It's a little over-confident, don't you think. If you would have told me that this won't work or that you tried it and it worked, fine.

Suggesting that I should change my network setup, although I did try to tell you that it's not an option, leaves me even more stumped. Besides the fact that ALL other applications work fine like streaming HD video or network file sharing with the exact same setup.

And the last thing that shouldn't really be ignored is that when being used as single servers with the same scenes ALL servers render flawlessly. It's "only" the coop that doesn't work and produces this kind of errors. So it's actually not the WLAN at all. It's fast and reliable, works on 5GHz and I have transfer rates of over 100MBits/s when copying files to the machine and vice versa. Besides this the ping times are considerably low at around 0.08ms.