There seems to be something broken with normal map settings in MaxwellMaterials (3ds Max 2012 x64, plugin 2.6.18), which - at least for me - makes normal maps almost unusable at the moment. Here is how to reproduce the problem:
1. Create new MaxwellMaterial and assign a normal map to a bump map slot (BSDF or global). 'Normal Mapping' settings (Flip X, Flip Y, Wide Z) become available as soon as 'Normal Map' is checked.
2. Now, there are several ways to trigger the bug:
- Drag this MaxwellMaterial to a new slot in the material editor3. Normal map settings are now grayed out when 'Normal Map' IS CHECKED and vice-versa. Default normal map settings (Flip Y) are used when rendering. Opening the material in MXED shows empty settings (flip/wide off). Changing these settings here and returning to 3ds max, fixes the 'grayed out' problem temporarily.
- Clone the MaxwellMaterial via 'Get Material'>'Scene materials' to a new slot
- Import such a MaxwellMaterial via 'Get Material'>'Open Material Library' from a saved 3dsmax scene file or MatLib file
- Simply save and reopen the 3ds max scene file
Could somebody confirm, please?